Tuesday, January 5, 2010

"On the Market"

After two full days of painting, scrubbing and purging, we were finally able to invite the realtor in to photograph the house for her MLS listing. As of yesterday, the standard "For Sale" sign sits at the end of our driveway and we have embarked on the tremulous adventure of selling our house.

I have mixed emotions at this point.

Relief - that the push is over to prepare the house for "showing". It was a lot of work and the results are very gratifying.

Excitement - because we have made the decision to go ahead and begin the house search in Abilene. I can't wait to get home and be close to family and old friends again.

Worry (and yet cautious optimism)- about selling the house. After doing lots of looking around and research, I am confident that we have the best house to offer for this price range here in town. And on the first day on the market, our realtor had three calls from realtors in Amarillo wanting to know when the house would be available to show. But, we all watch the news and read the papers. It's a buyer's market out there and the economy around here is sluggish.

Stress - because I hate not being in control of everything. Face it - it IS stressful working all day and keeping a house clean when you have a husband and three dogs running around. 'Tis no easy task, you know, and thank goodness Eddie is a great help in this department!

Gratitude -I have heard from so many friends and the wonderful words of encouragement and support have given me a sense of peace and security!

While I am anxious to have this part of the journey behind us, my goal is to move through the process with a positive attitude and a faith that is a witness to the Source of my strength.

Oh, and did I mention that my house looks absolutely fab-u-lous?!?!?











Counting my blessings....

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU for stopping by for a little visit on the Porch! I absolutely LOVE comments, so please leave a note and let me know what you're thinking.

When Fall Truly Arrives....in the Heart

October 1, 2019.  Time marches steadily on and the year progresses.  Oh, how I've been longing for this page on the calendar when t...