Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving and What I Wore.....

I've noticed a trend - bloggers posting about certain outfits they've put together, particularly on Wednesday.  It's called "What I Wore Wednesday", I think, and I'm sure it links up for a party somewhere.  There are a couple of these "fashionistas" who put together the cutest outfits and I look forward to their post every week!  I so wish I could pull myself, or at least an outfit, together the way they do!

Well, today is the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.  Around here, that means it was a day devoted to last minute picking up around the house, running to the store for forgotten items, baking, running to the store for another forgotten item.....You get the idea.  It wasn't exactly a day for getting all cutied up!  But, I wanted to play "What I Wore Wednesday".....

So, tongue in cheek, here's what I wore today.....

Mossy Oak screen printed long sleeve tee - from WalMart - circa 2007 - $9.96
Ancient Levi's - from Academy, I'm sure - circa too long ago to remember
Nike sneakers - from Academy, a couple of months ago - used the Hub's discount, so about $70

I felt pretty silly posing in front of the full length mirror and taking my own picture - that's for sure!  And there's no charge for that fantastic view of my messy guest room/home office, including the bed with no bedskirt (but that's another story.....).  

All in all, I stayed pretty comfortable all day in this relaxed ensemble.  Ran to WalMart and HEB....oh, and Dollar General when I realized I'd forgotten confectioner's sugar.  Baked the cornbread and biscuits for the dressing tomorrow, and a batch of oatmeal cookies.  Took a short little siesta with the dogs.  Then Eddie brought home chicken finger baskets from DQ and now the jeans are feeling a little restrictive....but, that's the price you pay for enjoying fine dining like DQ!!!

Now, on a more serious note......

I want to wish each and every one of you a most blessed Thanksgiving.  
May your heart be filled with gratitude and joy not only tomorrow, but every day.  

See y'all on Friday with our kick-off of the Christmas season!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU for stopping by for a little visit on the Porch! I absolutely LOVE comments, so please leave a note and let me know what you're thinking.

When Fall Truly Arrives....in the Heart

October 1, 2019.  Time marches steadily on and the year progresses.  Oh, how I've been longing for this page on the calendar when t...