Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Feathering the Nest

Three day weekends are a good thing.....a very good thing.  

And the changing of the seasons, Summer into Autumn, is also a very good thing.  There is already a different slant to the afternoon sun.  Mornings are refreshingly cooler and the evenings arrive a little earlier with each passing day.  Over the next few weeks we will be tumbling head first into Fall....and I wait with eager anticipation.  Even the summerlike afternoon heat this weekend couldn't dampen my autumnal spirit.  I dug around in the plastic bins in the storage building out back and brought in my first layer of seasonal décor....


I am craving a simpler, more natural look in our home this year.  Much less "stuff" made the cut and the results are exactly as I had hoped.  I am still tweaking as we live with it, but I will be sharing little snippets as the season progresses.  

As with most creatures, my urge to feather our nest grows very strong at this time of year.  Simple tasks like cleaning, laundry, even preparing a meal, take on an almost spiritual reverence in my role as homemaker.  Creating an atmosphere of comfort, warmth and welcome becomes the top priority.  Soon the season of snuggling will be upon us!  So, nest on, dear friends, nest on!!!

5 comments:

  1. Your description of the desire to nest at this time of year from cleaning to meal planning, is impeccable! This time of year always makes me feel exactly the same way, creating a cozy, but simple, space to wait away the winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm...not sure why it says unknown, but it's Amber. :)

      Delete
    2. I was wondering who "unknown" was! LOL

      Delete
  2. I agree with you 100%. Spent the day today cleaning & organizing inside & outside my house. 3 plastic bins of fall decor ready to be placed. Halloween waits till Oct 1, then turkeys appear once Halloween is packed away Nov 1. Best 4 months of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always something to tweak and refresh...happy nesting!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for stopping by for a little visit on the Porch! I absolutely LOVE comments, so please leave a note and let me know what you're thinking.

When Fall Truly Arrives....in the Heart

October 1, 2019.  Time marches steadily on and the year progresses.  Oh, how I've been longing for this page on the calendar when t...