Thursday, July 14, 2011

This Blasted Heat!!!

And the HEAT of Summer, 2011 just drags on and on.....

I am a warm weather person - let me be clear on that.  However, I have decided that I am not a HOT weather person!  Here it is, mid-July, and I can't remember the last day the temperature didn't go above 100 degrees here.  Maybe it was some time back in May......

Perhaps it is just because I hit the ripe old age of 50.  Perhaps my body is changing with age.  But, the heat is absolutely draining me this year!  By the time I go out on the back patio with my cup of coffee and watch the sunrise with the pups, it is in the mid-80's.  Noon brings us into the upper-90's.  And by the 5:00 rush towards home, we are sweltering well above 100.  It seems a reading of 107 or 108 isn't even raising eyebrows anymore.  I suppose we are just getting accustomed to this scorching dry heat.


I saw a funny post on Facebook this evening.  It was a photo of a portable marquee that read -

"Satan phoned.  He wants his weather back!" 

I say, let him have it!!!! 

I am ready for some cooler temps.  I am tired of living in a state of "constant dampness".  Because I do not perspire - I sweat!!!  Throw in a hot flash or two and I am a sopping mess. 

So, now as I prepare to retire for the evening and see that it has finally dropped to 90 degrees outside (note, it is after 11:00 pm!), I am going to attempt to employ some imagery techniques in an attempt to "chill" myself down.  

I'll let you know how that turns out......

Until next time -

Stay Cool!!!!

Jane

2 comments:

  1. Winter is easier because we can add the layers on and turn up the heat, but the heat can play games with us :)

    Do hope it cools a little for you soon.

    We had a mini heatwave here a couple of weekends ago. Here in the UK we just have to wait and see what the temps will be. So changeable and unpredicatable.

    Have a great weekend

    carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. We haven't had the high temperatures that you are having to deal with but honestly, I'm a summer person through and through. I love being able to open the door and walk out without having to put on boots, mitts, ski-jackets etc.
    Hope you are able to find ways to keep cool.
    As kids, if it was still to hot at night, we used to sleep in the basement...it was always cool in the summer.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for stopping by for a little visit on the Porch! I absolutely LOVE comments, so please leave a note and let me know what you're thinking.

When Fall Truly Arrives....in the Heart

October 1, 2019.  Time marches steadily on and the year progresses.  Oh, how I've been longing for this page on the calendar when t...