Saturday, February 28, 2015

Finishing February in a Freeze

The news for today......

It is cold.  Cold, gray and icy - just as it has been for several days now.  

As we slushed through the icy parking lot at the grocery store this afternoon, our breaths rising in little puffs, my husband reminded me that spring arrives in 21 days.

21 days.  

It can't come soon enough!  I've grown weary of the winter weather.  And it seems that we've had more than usual of the frozen wet stuff this year.  It all leaves me wanting a bit of warmth and sunshine......

Dreaming of tulips and green,freshly mowed grass...the smell of dirt freshly turned in the garden...the sun moving higher into the sky as the earth shifts towards summer.  

Perhaps a slight warming for a couple of days will thaw us out before another wave of cold sweeps down on us by mid-week.  

And, perhaps, this will be winter's final brutal assault on us for this season.....keeping my fingers crossed!  

Until later, stay warm and flourish!

    



No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU for stopping by for a little visit on the Porch! I absolutely LOVE comments, so please leave a note and let me know what you're thinking.

When Fall Truly Arrives....in the Heart

October 1, 2019.  Time marches steadily on and the year progresses.  Oh, how I've been longing for this page on the calendar when t...