Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Showers and Turtles

Today brought unexpected rain showers.

The rain started as I left the office for lunch and kept up for much of the afternoon.  It was mostly a nice, soaking type rain - much needed after a couple of weeks with no moisture from the heavens.  I was most thankful.  It means no dragging the hose and sprinkler around for a few days!  That's always a blessing in my book. 

Our office sits very near a creek and one of the little critters that lives down there found its way up from the banks and across our side yard this afternoon.  Let's just call him "Little Zippy".


He seemed pretty intent on getting across that gravel pathway.  But, the steel landscape edging was creating a bit of a problem.  


Unfortunately, I didn't get the opportunity to see how he fared or where his journey landed him as we were having a pretty busy afternoon.  I am still playing a serious game of "catch up" after having last week off for vacation.  

I certainly hope Little Zippy found his way back to the creek!  

Hope your Tuesday was great, friends!!!

Jane


1 comment:

THANK YOU for stopping by for a little visit on the Porch! I absolutely LOVE comments, so please leave a note and let me know what you're thinking.

When Fall Truly Arrives....in the Heart

October 1, 2019.  Time marches steadily on and the year progresses.  Oh, how I've been longing for this page on the calendar when t...