Procrastinating on a Project

Sitting here, listening to the thunder and the pounding rain against the windows and wishing I had made good on my plans to clean out my closet today.

You see, I've been contemplating emptying my closet for months.  And I mean empty it completely!  Then reload with way fewer items.  Some call it a capsule wardrobe - that is a pretty popular term these days.  Others might say it a 'minimalist approach' to dressing.  Either way, it is something that has been wiggling around in my mind for some time. 

And yet, I continue to put the project off.  Why the blazes is that?  It's definitely something I want to do - downsize and simplify my wardrobe! 

The main reason is the sheer size of the project.  It is daunting, to say the least.  Perhaps even overwhelming.  I know it is probably going to take several hours and create a huge mess if I do it properly.  So, I start thinking about the process and begin to lose sight of the end result - which is a simpler wardrobe and less time focused on deciding what to wear each day. 

Even though I busted my rear getting most of the regular weekend chores done yesterday so I could work on the closet today, I still managed to piddle around and avoid getting started. 

Shame on me!  Seriously, now that it is nearly supper time, I find myself still sitting on the sofa, watching Netflix with the hubs and listening to the rain. 

I guess I am just not quite ready, or motivated, to get off my butt and get the job done.  Or, maybe I just needed the downtime today.  Whichever, I still feel a bit of disappointment with myself for not just jumping in feet first. 

Do you ever plan a project and find yourself procrastinating like this?  Please, oh please, tell me I am not the only one.

Comments

  1. It seems that I keep adding things to my to do list faster than I check them off, so I'm currently drowning in unfinished projects. I'm intrigued by the idea of a capsule wardrobe as well, my closet always feels a bit overwhelming. Keep us posted on your progress!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

THANK YOU for stopping by for a little visit on the Porch! I absolutely LOVE comments, so please leave a note and let me know what you're thinking.

Popular Posts