Saturday, June 18, 2011

Happy Father's Day, DADDY!!!

Well, here it is....just a couple of hours until Father's Day.  A perfect time to reflect on how I have been so tremendously blessed by that special man in my life.....


My Daddy!

Okay, so maybe it seems weird that a 50-year old woman is still calling her father "Daddy".  But, he will always be "Daddy" to me.

My father is a very special man.  He may have grown up in a small West Texas town.....

but he is a world traveler now! 


I am thankful he always comes home to Texas - even though he is not really a cowboy at all.  I think I had to bribe him to get him to put on Eddie's cowboy hat at my sister's wedding reception. 


He enjoys great health, largely due to his level of physical activity.  He devotes many hours to delivering Meals On Wheels to shut-in's and walks the mall or the track at Redbud Park almost daily when he is in town.  He often rides his bike all the way over to our house - that's gotta be more than 6 miles round trip on some heavily traveled streets!  He goes on "rock hound" trips and pulls his fifth-wheel all over the place.  I'm still thanking God that he got rid of his last motorcycle here a while back.....

Here are some of my favorite shots of him through the years.  (God bless Polaroids!)



He has been a constant, steady influence in my Life.  A rock, always solid and there to hold on to.  In fact, his hand is always outstretched....ready to take mine and lead, lift me up or just give comfort, whichever is needed.

I love you, Daddy.  Happy Father's Day!!!

Always your little girl.....

Janie

2 comments:

  1. Great photos!

    Have a good week.

    carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful tribute to your father. So nice that he is still so very active and such as blessing that he is able to be. Happy Father's Day to him and may he have many, many more.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for stopping by for a little visit on the Porch! I absolutely LOVE comments, so please leave a note and let me know what you're thinking.

When Fall Truly Arrives....in the Heart

October 1, 2019.  Time marches steadily on and the year progresses.  Oh, how I've been longing for this page on the calendar when t...