Monday, April 29, 2013

What's Been Going On.....

With the arrival of Spring, the busiest time of the year has started for me.  And I haven't quite yet found a way to balance work/business with creating/writing.  As a result, Janie's Porch has been sadly neglected.....

I did make my way to the garden center and fill a few pots to place out front.....


Other than that and a quick sweep through the house about once a week in an attempt to clean up a bit, there hasn't been much going on except work, work, work!  But, here's a quick run-down of what has been going on in our little part of the world this Spring.....

We are eagerly awaiting the arrival of our new granddaughter here in the next couple of weeks.  Bonnie and Matt are all set and ready for Autumn to make her appearance.  We are all so excited to welcome her into the family!  Bonnie's friends had a baby shower for her recently and Mom and I really enjoyed this special event with her and Ansleigh.


Ed's daughter and son-in-law, Anita and Jimmy, came in from Ponca City a couple of weeks ago to spend a weekend.  If you've been with me for a while, you might recall when I wrote about their wedding HERE.   We had a great visit with them and they are welcoming their first child, Paisley, in late July.  So, our grandbaby blessings are doubled this year!  While they were here, we did some shopping and went to Frontier Texas!  And, of course, Eddie Dale cooked brisket and the works for everybody.



Earlier in April, I joined a group of local Realtors our annual "Hill Visit" in Austin, where we got to meet with some of our elected representatives to discuss legislation affecting the real estate industry.  It was a great experience and we got to do a little of the "tourist" thing at the Capitol.  Here I am posing in front of George W. Bush's portrait, much to the amusement (or, maybe that is dismay) of the spectator in the background.....


And now that I'm this deep into the post, the photo uploader has decided to stall out!  So, I will just have to sum it all up - 
  • Add into the mix, lots and lots of work!  Business is brisk right now and I am truly feeling blessed.  
  • This next month will bring my new billboard and I can't wait to share that with you soon.  
  • Eddie Dale are I are trying to find a place near Abilene to take the RV out for a quick overnight trip this weekend.  
  • We need to get scraping and sanding so we can paint the house before it gets too hot.  
  • And our annual trip down to the Guadalupe River is coming up in less than six weeks.  I'm tired just thinking about all of it!!!  
 So, there are a few of my reasons for not having stopped by for a visit lately.  But, I am going to really work at getting back into a regular posting routine.  Stay tuned and let's see how I do......

Janie











No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU for stopping by for a little visit on the Porch! I absolutely LOVE comments, so please leave a note and let me know what you're thinking.

When Fall Truly Arrives....in the Heart

October 1, 2019.  Time marches steadily on and the year progresses.  Oh, how I've been longing for this page on the calendar when t...