Saturday, May 18, 2013

AUTUMN Has Arrived for Us!!!

May 17, 2013.....and Autumn Newley Powell finally arrives!!!

The day started early for my daughter, Bonnie, and her husband, Matt.  They arrived at the hospital before 5:00 am, while the sky was still inky dark. 


Progress was slow, but steady.  The epidural was waning in the last hour and all the last minute scrambling to supplement pain meds were largely in vain.  But, all the struggle and effort were soooooo worth it......

Big brother and sister arrived just as the baby was born.  They were ushered in to greet her when she was about 30 minutes old.  Autumn was quiet, no crying, very alert and weighed in at 6 pounds, 6 ounces.  So tiny!  She seemed to respond to voices around her as if she recognized them......

I love this shot of the little mother and her children!



Ansleigh and I held Autumn for the first time, together......it gets no better than that!



An abundance of personality is already apparent, as evidenced by these photos I snapped with my phone's camera as I held her.


I don't think I've ever seen a baby so alert and responsive this soon after birth.  It was as if she was "hamming it up" for the camera.  I have a feeling she is going to be a real little pistol!

I am so thankful that everything went well and both Bonnie and baby are fine!  I am thankful that Eddie Dale and I were able to be there and be a part of this exciting event!  And I am so grateful that my sweet hubby ran to pick up the kids and got them there in time so I could stay at the hospital while everything was happening so quickly there at the end!!! 

God is good and His gifts are great!!!





2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!! She is beautiful! She is hamming it up for the camera! She hardly looks like a newborn! I am so happy for you guys! What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathryn! I am totally in love with her - she is so precious!!! Nothing like holding a baby in your arms, is there?!?!

      Delete

THANK YOU for stopping by for a little visit on the Porch! I absolutely LOVE comments, so please leave a note and let me know what you're thinking.

When Fall Truly Arrives....in the Heart

October 1, 2019.  Time marches steadily on and the year progresses.  Oh, how I've been longing for this page on the calendar when t...