Saturday, May 11, 2013

Day Before Mother's Day/Last Weekend Before Autumn...


Tomorrow is Mother's Day and I've already gotten a terrific present from Bonnie, Trayden and Ansleigh....  You see, I got their time, love and lots of laughter today!!!

They invited me to go to lunch and along on a surprise outing, guaranteed to be tons of fun.  Bonnie wanted to do something special with the kids since this is the last weekend before their baby sister, Autumn, arrives.  (Bonnie is scheduled to be induced this Friday morning, unless something happens between now and then!)

They were all in a fine mood when they arrived on the porch with a beautiful bouquet of flowers.  We headed out to Mr. Gatti's for lunch.  Now, buffet style pizza is not the best fare, but the kids can get what they want and Bonnie said she was feeling like the bottomless pit today....and we had coupons.....so, Mr. Gatti's it was.  We stuffed ourselves and skipped the "game room" so we could head out on the next leg of the adventure!


 Of course, the kids can't resist a bit of goofing around in the car on the way....


 Don't you just love the excitement on this little face?


They had never been to this old-fashioned miniature golf park, tucked away in an older section of town.  But, it's been around since I was a kid and it truly feels like it's stuck in a time warp of the 70's.....


Trayden had played Putt Putt before, but this place is totally different and makes Putt Putt feel pretty bland!  Everybody, including us moms, grabbed a club and we were off.....but, only after a stop to do silly dances in the "fun house" mirrors positioned right before the first hole.


The weather was perfect for our outing.....blue skies, a few puffy clouds and a little bit of breeze to keep us getting too hot.  Bonnie and I did tend to gravitate to any shade we could find between shots, though!


I have to admit that I pretty much suck at miniature golf.....really!  I am awful, but I had the best time!!!


After finishing the course, the kids tried their hand at hoola hoops and Trayden really had it "going on".  Who woulda thunk a 9-year old boy could hoola hoop until you finally had to tell him to stop?!?!?


This place has all sorts of unexpected little twists and turns and the kids took every chance they could find to be goofy.  They are terrible little hams when the camera comes out!


After golf, we needed something to cool us down and Bonnie was craving a snow cone.....so, guess what we had????   Perfect wind down to the outing......wedding cake with cream......delish!


I love this photo above all others from this afternoon......


I think Bonnie was secretly hoping that all the walking and activity would trigger labor.....but, I have the feeling Autumn is going to have to be forced out of that comfy womb on Friday.  We are all so excited for her to get here, but this final afternoon with just Trayden & Ansleigh, was really a very special blessing.

So, I feel like I've already celebrated Mother's Day pretty well.  Of course, I have something special to take over to Mom tomorrow.....and I sure hope the boys remember to give me a shout or text.  But, even without any fanfare tomorrow, I feel truly blessed as a Mother, Grandmother and Daughter!!!

Wishing each of a blessed day to honor your Mother or cherish wonderful memories of her tomorrow!




No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU for stopping by for a little visit on the Porch! I absolutely LOVE comments, so please leave a note and let me know what you're thinking.

When Fall Truly Arrives....in the Heart

October 1, 2019.  Time marches steadily on and the year progresses.  Oh, how I've been longing for this page on the calendar when t...