Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Prince Pulls a Stunt!

Well, Mr. Eddie Dale decided to take a little field trip today while I was at the office. 

He gathered up some items that needed to go to the post office....and then he just up and took 'em!  Even though we had talked about him not driving for a bit longer, he got in his big honkin' truck and drove to the post office.  The stinker...

The one-armed wonder - in Wranglers and boots for the first time - 9 days after surgery

I don't know whether to hide his keys tomorrow......or let him get out of the house and terrorize the streets with his good (or should I say dominant?) arm strapped to his body in a super-sling!

I guess we will just have to chalk this up to "healing".   Each day is a bit better.  His therapist is able to stretch his shoulder and arm a little farther at each P/T session.  He is now showering, dressing and shaving all by himself.  He wrote some "thank you" notes to friends with his left hand and they were incredibly legible.   He has even been doing a little cooking in the kitchen, with my help around fire, hot water and knives. 

Before you know it, he won't even NEED me!!!  I'm feeling a bit like a momma bird whose baby is about to spread its wings and fly.....

And I couldn't be more proud of his progress!  

Hats off to my Prince....

Jane

5 comments:

  1. Just goes to show that you can't keep a good man down!

    Good to see he's healing quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, he is a prince. Look at him go and trying to help out.

    Glad to hear that he's progressing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is a go getter!!! Way to go Mr. Eddie Dale!!! Don't rush it though and hurt yourself! Continued prayers for quick recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!

    I'm from the Boost my Blog hop. Nice blog! I look forward to future posts.

    Feel free to check out my blog here:http://inadaze13.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for stopping by for a little visit on the Porch! I absolutely LOVE comments, so please leave a note and let me know what you're thinking.

When Fall Truly Arrives....in the Heart

October 1, 2019.  Time marches steadily on and the year progresses.  Oh, how I've been longing for this page on the calendar when t...