Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Blessing After the Storm.....

Temperatures soared well over 100 degrees here today....

Can you say HOT?!?!?!

By late afternoon, we were sitting at 107, with a storm brewing.  Right at 5:00, thunder rumbled and we had about five minutes of intense rainfall.  Brought that temp right down, yes!

Even though the sun was shining throughout the brief storm, it was a welcome respite, bringing welcome relief from the heat.  For the next couple of hours, the clouds continued to build and the skies darkened.  I had headed over to Daddy's house after the initial storm so he could go over the care of his cat and garden while he is out of town for the next couple of weeks (No doubt, there will be an upcoming post covering this, as I am sure it is going to be quite an adventure).  On my way home, I received a phone call just a few blocks from the house and sat in the car in our driveway for a couple of minutes to finish up the call.  Huge drops began to fall from the sky and  Ed and Ben were scurrying around out front, unloading some lumber from the back of the truck for more fence repairs. 

I wrapped up my call and made a dash into the house just as the storm unleashed its fury.  While we prepared and ate a quick meal, the wind blew and the rain fell in sheets.  It felt safe and secure to be inside our cozy home. 

Ben and I had plans to run out to Kohl's and take advantage of a 30% off coupon so he could buy himself some shorts.  By the time we finished dinner and cleaned up, the storm was letting up and we were able to head out.

The sun was setting in the western sky; the clouds still hung ominously in the south and east, where the storm had passed.  And there it was.......



The blessing after the storm.......

As we pulled into the parking lot at the store, both of us reached for our phones to capture this beautiful sight. Even though the sun was still shining, random sprinkles still fell on our upturned faces as we gazed at the sky and breathed deeply the freshly cleansed air. 

"I have placed my rainbow in the clouds.  
It is the sign of my covenant with you and with all earth." 
~ Genesis 9:13

I hope you found a gift as lovely and wondrous as this today......




1 comment:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous!!!! We had a double rainbow on our first night in the house. It was such a blessing to us! God is the greatest artist of all time!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for stopping by for a little visit on the Porch! I absolutely LOVE comments, so please leave a note and let me know what you're thinking.

When Fall Truly Arrives....in the Heart

October 1, 2019.  Time marches steadily on and the year progresses.  Oh, how I've been longing for this page on the calendar when t...