Sunday, June 16, 2013

Update on "One Word" for 2013.....

Nearly mid-year.....so, I think it is time to share a bit about my "One Word for 2013"......



Although this word is sometimes used as a noun, at this point in my life, I am focused on "trust" as a verb!

A verb = an action word; meaning you have TO DO IT!

It is a daily struggle for me, but I can sense a difference when I don't focus on the deliberate act of trusting God - to lead, guide and provide.  I tend to focus more on relying on help from above when things are toughest.....and start to let up when things are going well.  Relying on my own strength generally leads to some sort of set back, which, in turn, prompts me to turn back to trusting in a power greater than my own.  It is sort of like a continual cycle....a pattern that repeats itself over and over.....and creates a circle that somehow tightens with each turn.

Trusting is, at least for me, like a habit that needs to be developed and nurtured.  It is a lesson that I have to learn over and over.  Perhaps with each completion of the cycle, the natural response of trusting becomes stronger, more ingrained in my own limited psyche, more deeply embedded in my nature and heart.

As I near the end of the sixth month of claiming this word as my own, I see progress.....and a long path yet to travel.  My prayer is to see the blessings and recognize the joys from acting in trust as the year continues; and, to journal my journey so I can look back and draw encouragement in future days.

If you had a word for this year, I would love to hear how it is impacting your life.  Please feel free to share in the comments below or contact me directly by e-mail - jcarter6161@gmail.com.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU for stopping by for a little visit on the Porch! I absolutely LOVE comments, so please leave a note and let me know what you're thinking.

When Fall Truly Arrives....in the Heart

October 1, 2019.  Time marches steadily on and the year progresses.  Oh, how I've been longing for this page on the calendar when t...