Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Keeping Up With the Blog.....

How to stay in touch with your favorite blogs can be a bit of a dilemma these days.....

I've been reading for months that Google Friends Connect is going away on July 1st.  That is just around the corner, folks.  Although I've accumulated some followers through this program, it's hard to gauge how many of the "followers" actually come back to my blog through their blog reader.

I've tried to add some different options for people to keep up with new posts through the months:

I have the Linky follower tool, but it's just never really taken off.

I have added the option for subscribing by e-mail, so that once you've subscribed, you simply receive an e-mail each time there is a new post on Janie's Porch.  You can also subscribe to the RSS feed, but - I'm going to be totally honest - I have no clue how that works!  :)

But, I think that the most traffic I receive here on the blog is due to sharing on my Facebook pages - not only my personal page, but Janie's Porch FB page.  That has ultimately been the best way to drive traffic from friends over to my blog page.  However, it does not really allow me to reach other bloggers and allow them to access new posts.  If you haven't already done so,  you can click on my FB badge and it will take you directly to Janie's Porch on FB, where you can "like" that page and see new updates over there.

Since GFC is going to disappear, and I haven't made the commitment to Google+, I have added a "bloglovin" button over in the right column, under following options.  If you haven't checked out the "bloglovin" blog reader, this might be a great to do so.  Simply visit their website right here.   I was actually able to go in, create an account and import my GFC blog reading list in less than five minutes.  So, now I am at least ensured that I will be able to keep up with all the blogs I've been following on GFC.

My aim as a blogger has not really been about numbers, per se.  It has been a creative outlet for me and a way to share thoughts and events with family and friends.  However, there is something exciting to seeing your audience grow and know that you have made new friends through blogging.  So, I try to make it easy to keep up with Janie's Porch and be aware of new posts so you can come back and visit often.  Hence, the various ways to connect under the "Follow" header in the right column.

So, if you're new to Janie's Porch, hop over and subscribe with one of the options offered.  If you're a repeat visitor using GFC and not sure you will continue to receive updates after July 1, select another option.  

It's all about staying in touch and seeing you return to the porch!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU for stopping by for a little visit on the Porch! I absolutely LOVE comments, so please leave a note and let me know what you're thinking.

When Fall Truly Arrives....in the Heart

October 1, 2019.  Time marches steadily on and the year progresses.  Oh, how I've been longing for this page on the calendar when t...