Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Struggling for Balance....

Well, here it is.....February 2.  And we are snowed in for the second day in a row!

With this winter storm keeping us cooped up in the house, I have had plenty of time for THINKING.  Now, that's a dangerous thing!

Obviously, my blogging fell by the wayside in month of January.  What with trying to get things rolling on my new career in real estate, I found no time to even log into my Blogger account.

I admit it:  I am having a difficult time finding balance between work and the rest of my Life these days.  I have not been to the gym since the week before Christmas.  My husband finally took down the Christmas garland and wreath on the front porch about a week ago because I simply had not "gotten to it".  I think I have forgotten how to turn on the burner on the stove....

Life is always a balancing act.  More so at some times than others.  But, as I have shifted these other activities to the back burner to focus on one area of my Life, I have felt a sense that I am only letting myself down by not handling things better - in a more balanced fashion.

I can feel my muscles softening from the lack of exercise.  I find myself reaching for junk food or skipping meals more frequently.  My mind spins circles around possible scenarios only involving real estate.  The idea of creating a new header for Janie's Porch overwhelms my narrowly focused brain.

The last couple of days have reminded me that it is time to get things under control!

I love my new job and the possibilities excite me!  But, I must quit passing up opportunities to maintain other activities that balance work with play.  Physical and creative release will certainly enhance my performance at work.  They are the key to BALANCE in all areas of my Life. 

How do you achieve balance in your Life?  What are the secrets for living each day to the fullest, finding time for work, Family and self?  If you've discovered one of more of those secrets, I wish you would share with me.  Any insight on how to "do it all" would be greatly appreciated!

Hope you're staying warm where you're at....

Jane

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had words of wisdom for you, but I struggle with this myself! I try to keep up with my favorite blogs, but only try when Jemma has t.v. time or is at school, but then I should be cleaning house so I do that when she is gone. When she goes to bed, I want to check blogs or work on my new editing program, but I want to spend time with my husband! So much to do... so little time, but I am trying to really be with Jemma because I only have her for a short time more before she starts school all day! If you find the magic potion... I want some!!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for stopping by for a little visit on the Porch! I absolutely LOVE comments, so please leave a note and let me know what you're thinking.

When Fall Truly Arrives....in the Heart

October 1, 2019.  Time marches steadily on and the year progresses.  Oh, how I've been longing for this page on the calendar when t...