Tuesday, January 1, 2013

TRUST for 2013.....

I have really debated whether or not to choose "a word" for 2013.  Last year, I agonized over the selection of my word for the year.....and didn't really follow my heart....or follow up on it throughout the year. 

However, this year a word keeps creeping into my thoughts, unbidden and repeatedly.  Feeling that last year's word was an utter failure, I resisted the gentle urging that kept pushing this word to the forefront of my mind.....


I must need it......
And need to do it more!

So, on this first day of the new year, I yield to that tugging on my heart to make this a word on which I will focus, pray and act.

 Trust - verb - to place confidence in, depend upon; to hope or expect confidently

How can a five-letter word be so daunting?

Simply because it requires acknowledging that I cannot do or control all things....
it requires letting go to depend on Him in all things.



Sending each of you warm wishes for a wonderful 2013....






11 comments:

  1. I think that's a great word for the year. Trust seems to be the hardest thing for us to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust is something I seem to have to learn over and over...daily! Probably because it means giving up control for this Type A Control Freak.

      Delete
  2. I love it! I think ours is going to be Patience. It is a good reminder! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patience? Oh, yeah, patience....as in "Lord, give me patience, and HURRY UP!" I can certainly use more of that! LOL. Happy new year to you and your crew up there in the great white north!!!

      Delete
  3. Love your word!! I could have used this word too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your word, too, Alecia! Was just checking it out and it really is in the same vein as "trust". So many of the words I am seeing this year are truly inspiring to me!

      Delete
  4. Your word is perfect...and it won't do you any good if you don't follow your heart. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trust is a good word but not at all easy to do for some of us. Good luck working it out this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is it terrible to admit that I am glad this isn't my word. It is so hard! This confession probably means I am getting it next year. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trust is s good one. Mine is thanks. Maybe by looking for things to give thanks for I'll learn that I can definitely trust Him with everything.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for stopping by for a little visit on the Porch! I absolutely LOVE comments, so please leave a note and let me know what you're thinking.

When Fall Truly Arrives....in the Heart

October 1, 2019.  Time marches steadily on and the year progresses.  Oh, how I've been longing for this page on the calendar when t...