Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Sporting It Short for Summer

Yesterday was one of those "bad hair days".....bad enough that I decided to scoot my rear in and get a haircut pronto! 

And I am really thankful that I did.  I have been going to the local Super Cuts for nearly 14 years and a wonderful stylist, Kippy, has been cutting my hair all that time.  Even when I lived 260 miles away for a period of time in there, I would regularly return to her when I was in town for her services.  She is absolutely THE BEST!!!

As I was waiting my turn, I could hear chatter from her area.  And me and my big ears couldn't help but overhear that she was moving.  When she called my name and I approached her, I immediately asked her if it was true.  Was she leaving???

It is true.  She is pulling up stakes and moving to the Austin area to be nearer to her daughter.  And I am bereft.....

She "knows" my hair!  She knows where the cowlicks are; she knows how it lays here and there; she understands when I describe something new I want to do.....she just "knows".....

And she has listened through the years....a lot.  They say that a woman's hair stylist knows all her secrets.  Well, maybe not secrets, but as you chat and visit you get to know a person quite well.  Sometimes, your stylist is one of your closest confidants.  And I will miss our visits and catching up as she snips away at my hair. 

She spent extra time with me yesterday, carefully describing everything she was doing so I could point out little details to the next stylist who has to cut my hair.  We took my style much shorter since it is warmer now and I traditionally go shorter and sassier in the summer months. 


And, when it was over, we hugged and I told her what a blessing she has been to me through the years and wished her luck and much happiness in her new adventure.  She promised to keep in touch and let me know where she settles to work in Austin......

Who knows?  Maybe I will need a road trip to Austin in about 5 weeks!!!

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your new hairdo. The cut is perfect for you and just a little sassy!
    I've been with the same hairdresser since 1994 and I have followed her whenever she moved. When we retired and moved to the country it put me a two hour return trip from her and I continue to go to her. She knows my hair and she can cut and style it in 20 minutes (with her eyes shut I'm sure).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks adorable! So I guess moving to Austin is out of the question? Ha ha. I feel for you. I'm all about change except in these types of situations. You get someone broken in and then you really need them! Good luck, I'm sure you will find another. In the meantime whenever you see someone with a cute haircut, ask them where they go.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for stopping by for a little visit on the Porch! I absolutely LOVE comments, so please leave a note and let me know what you're thinking.

When Fall Truly Arrives....in the Heart

October 1, 2019.  Time marches steadily on and the year progresses.  Oh, how I've been longing for this page on the calendar when t...