Thursday, September 13, 2012

A New (Sorta) Sofa.....

A couple of weeks ago, I made the mistake of mentioning to my Mom that a friend was selling a daybed......

You see, Mom had recently been talking about revamping a second bedroom/living area in her home by adding a bed....and eliminating a sleeper sofa......and, well, I thought maybe picking this one up second-hand would save her some money.

She jumped all over that!  Said yes, having only seen a photo on my phone of the bed.  But, the dilemma ensued.....what to do with the perfectly good sleeper sofa currently in her room???

After much debate and discussion, she offered it to me!  Honestly, I was resistant, at first.  But, the sofa I could eliminate from our living room to make space for this one has been lived on hard for nearly eight years!

And, something fresh and different in the living room sounded appealing!  So, I proposed the idea of switching out with Eddie Dale.  He was.....skeptical.  (Yeah, that's a nice word for it....skeptical....) 

You see, this sofa is checked.....and, it has flowers on it!  Not exactly what he would pick, given the choice!

The sofa as she appeared in Mom's house....
But, in the end, the sofa came to our house.......

And the old sofa went away.  I was trying to store it for one of the boys to use in the future.  But, when we carried it over to put it in a spare room at my Dad's place, it simply would not fit through the doorway.  Rather than try to rent a storage unit to house this one piece of well-used furniture, we ended up taking it over to the local Salvation Army thrift store and saying adios.  It hurt, but only for a moment.....because that thing looked pretty ratty when we got it out in the daylight!

Here is the "new" sofa in our living room.  (It's cloudy and rainy today, so no beautifully backlit window in the photo - and the walls are not really that mustard color......really, they're not!) 

In her new home......our place!
But, I'm liking it so far.  I have something new in mind for the simple black panels that currently hang at the windows in this room.  And, I have already made some other changes around the room to accommodate the "lighter" feel to this piece of furniture.  Hopefully, over the next few days, I can pull it all together and have a cohesive feeling room!

Bear with me and I will share the results of the mini-redesign as soon as it is finished!  And I will be able to share our Autumn decor that I've been working on getting out at the same time.  I'm making progress, people!  Woohoo!!!

Stay tuned.....






2 comments:

  1. I think it looks great. And you can always add a slipcover for a change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look lovely in your home and I'm sure you are having fun re-decorating all around it.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for stopping by for a little visit on the Porch! I absolutely LOVE comments, so please leave a note and let me know what you're thinking.

When Fall Truly Arrives....in the Heart

October 1, 2019.  Time marches steadily on and the year progresses.  Oh, how I've been longing for this page on the calendar when t...