Skip to main content

Miscellany Monday.....a Timed Post....

I have given myself 17 minutes to write this post - start to finish!

So, let's see if I can do it.  Shall we???

Joining up with miscellaney monday at lowercase letters today and the idea is to just write and put it out there.....here goes......

miscellany monday at lowercase letters


I had the best intentions at working on an Autumn craft project this weekend.  When I left the house for the office on Friday, I thought I would whip out an afternoon of work and return to get started.  Alas, the phone rang at work and I ended up working until 7:30 (instead of 4:30).  To top it all off, I still had to make a run to Target after getting home and feeding the dogs (who thought they had been abandoned) in order to get a gift for my granddaughter's birthday on Saturday afternoon.  I had to go Friday evening because I had scheduled another appointment with the couple I met on Friday afternoon to look at a couple of more houses the next morning.  It made a for a long day indeed.  And, I had to get up early the next morning to get back out and show houses for a few hours......

Ansleigh's party on Saturday afternoon was a fun outing.  My daughter did an at-home party, princess themed, and had a great mix of Ansleigh's friends, family friends, kids and adults.  After unwinding from the party, Eddie Dale and I headed to one of our favorite diners and enjoyed a dinner of burgers and fried pickles.  (Hey, don't knock it til you've tried them!!!)

The Birthday Princess - Ansleigh - turns 6!!!
 Sunday was a blur.  With the husband working, I was all over the housecleaning.  Went out to start up the washer and all it would do was agitate with a spurt of water here and there.  It's like the timing board is out and it is stuck in the middle of the wash cycle, without ever filling!  I was able to get it to spin out, but had to truck the load of soapy wet towels to the laundromat and fight the weekend crowd early in the afternoon.  Ugh!  Follow that up with a trip to the zoo, I mean grocery store.  But, I had the energy left to come home and whip up a big pot of hamburger stew and a skillet of cornbread.  So, at least we ate well!

A return to the office was in order today - if for no other reason than to recover from the weekend!  And I have yet to start that little project, although my front porch is begging for me to get it done.....

And, so, there you go.....I ran one minute over!  And that was because I decided to e-mail a photo of the Birthday Girl from my phone and insert it in the blog.  Otherwise, I would have been right on the money!!!

Thanks for stopping by the porch today.....posts are not always this random, but sometimes it's fun to just let 'er rip!






Comments

  1. Busy times! I'm glad you took the extra minute to post a photo of the birthday girl! She's adorable. Hope you have a great week...hopefully it's not as busy as your weekend was!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

THANK YOU for stopping by for a little visit on the Porch! I absolutely LOVE comments, so please leave a note and let me know what you're thinking.

Popular posts from this blog

Loving Our New Woven Blinds......

Hey, ya'll!  Labor Day weekend is winding down.....hope yours has been great!!!
Mine was actually pretty busy.  Since Eddie Dale had to work all three days, I decided I would work, too - only I stuck around the house to do my work! 
I decided to go ahead and give the woven bamboo blinds I found at Home Depot a shot.  I've been eyeballing them online for weeks because the cost was only $16.97 each.  I simply hate the plastic 1-inch mini-blinds throughout our house - they are not cottage-y - at all! 
So, I ran out to the local store (their handy dandy website indicated they had thirteen 27"x72" shades in stock) and picked up enough to do the living room.  I really like the roman shade style and the way these filter the light, creating a nice soft ambiance in the room.  Although they are not completely private, they are fine in the living area.  Oh, and did I mention they are only $16.97 a window?!?!?  So reasonable, yet they give me the "look" I've been…

Super Bowl Sunday - What's for Supper!?!?!?

One of our favorite things to do when there's a big game on TV is make up a variety of "finger foods" to snack on during the evening.  Tonight's Super Bowl was no different and we went for some of our favorites - buffalo wings, sausage balls, pigs-in-a-blanket, and, of course, one of our old standbys,  this yummy spinach dip.

It's a tradition to have this creamy dip at least once during the holidays, but we rarely have it during the year.  So, it's a real treat!  It's delicious and rich; and the basic recipe makes a ton - we snack on it for days!  My favorite way to enjoy it - scoop it up with "hint of salt" wheat thins crackers.  Yum yum!!!
Most of you probably have this recipe down by memory.  But, in case you haven't tried it, I'm sharing it below.

Spinach Dip
16 ounce container of sour cream 1 cup mayo 3-4 finely diced green onions 1 small can water chestnuts, diced 1 small package frozen chopped spinach 1 package Knorr vegetable so…

Procrastinating on a Project

Sitting here, listening to the thunder and the pounding rain against the windows and wishing I had made good on my plans to clean out my closet today.

You see, I've been contemplating emptying my closet for months.  And I mean empty it completely!  Then reload with way fewer items.  Some call it a capsule wardrobe - that is a pretty popular term these days.  Others might say it a 'minimalist approach' to dressing.  Either way, it is something that has been wiggling around in my mind for some time. 

And yet, I continue to put the project off.  Why the blazes is that?  It's definitely something I want to do - downsize and simplify my wardrobe! 

The main reason is the sheer size of the project.  It is daunting, to say the least.  Perhaps even overwhelming.  I know it is probably going to take several hours and create a huge mess if I do it properly.  So, I start thinking about the process and begin to lose sight of the end result - which is a simpler wardrobe and less …