Friday, October 4, 2013

Oh, the Joy of a Simple Day.....

The pace is a bit slower today, thankfully.

We are anticipating a cold front, which should move through during the night.  This means a chance of rain in the morning and much cooler temperatures - in the lower 60's tomorrow for our high and down in the 40's tomorrow night!  Doesn't that sound delightfully "fall-ish"???

While I look forward to the change in weather, I am enjoying getting caught up on some things here at home today.  Yes, I worked some - it's wonderful to have a job where I can work from home, making phone calls and sending out e-mail.  I found time to get in for a haircut this morning and that feels mighty good.  I even took the time to sit on the porch for a bit!  (Of course, I struggled with that familiar sensation of being lazy when I first sat down - but, never fear, I booted that old guilty feeling to the curb as I enjoyed an extra cup of coffee and listened to the birds chirping.)


Making this an even better day, I heard from Son No. 1 (Ben) that he passed his property and casualty adjuster license exam at his new job at USAA.  Way to go, Benjaturtle!!!!

Tomorrow morning, Ed and I are having breakfast with Son No. 2 (Sam) at the Dixie Pig, a local "greasy spoon" type of cafe.  It is a local institution and, while it's not the healthiest cuisine, it sure is tasty! 

Later in the morning, I will be heading out to Bonnie and Matt's new place to help measure for some new blinds in one of the bedrooms and hang some curtains.  So, I get to love up on all my grandbabies!!!

Eddie Dale is home from an early day of work and we are going to grab a bite at the new McAlister's Deli, which opened this week, followed by an evening at home - watching movies, no doubt!  We are going to pass on the cross-town rivalry football game tonight - which is fine by me.  I am never sure who to root for at that one, anyway - I graduated from Cooper, but the district lines changed and all my kiddos graduated from Abilene High.  It's quite a dilemma! 

So, all in all, life is good.....very good.  Don't see that it can get much better!  Sometimes, it is the simple things, friends.....just the simple things......

I hope you're stealing a few moments to simply enjoy your day!

Hugs & smiles.....








6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Amber. I am not very good at "selfie's"....isn't that what they call it? LOL. However, it is a bit awkward having someone else take my photo, as well. So, I made do with the iPhone camera when I was home alone.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I sometimes have to make a conscious effort to remember to slow down and enjoy! Probably a pretty common thing among us women....

      Delete
  3. I love your fall header. Isn't this just the most awesome time of year?!?? HOPE the rest of your week is blessed!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Debbie! I love Fall - fun to decorate, perfect weather, and so much less stress than the Christmas holiday.....maybe that is why we all seem to enjoy it so much!

      Delete

THANK YOU for stopping by for a little visit on the Porch! I absolutely LOVE comments, so please leave a note and let me know what you're thinking.

When Fall Truly Arrives....in the Heart

October 1, 2019.  Time marches steadily on and the year progresses.  Oh, how I've been longing for this page on the calendar when t...