Saturday, October 12, 2013

One Heck of a Day!!!

Most of yesterday was been spent trying to get us all ready to head out of town for a 4-day weekend.  Here's a quick run-down of the day......

Work at the office from 8:30 til noon.

Stop at HEB on the way home for coffee creamer and Coke Zero - because we are flat out of both.

See Eddie Dale off to work at 2:00 - he has to close tonight and won't be home til nearly midnight, so I am on my own, with my "to do" lists.....

Start cleaning out the trailer - wipe everything down, sweep, vacuum, mop, straighten the cupboards....the whole enchilada!  I admit - we did not clean it up very well after our trip in June.  Well, you can imagine......

Decide to wash the pillow top mattress pad before making the bed in the trailer.

Clean up the washer and laundry room when said pillow top mattress pad falls apart in the washing machine and there is polyfill everywhere.....

Go on a wild goose chase to three different stores before finding the right size foam topper and new mattress pad for the bed in the trailer. 

Make up the bed in the trailer.  Needless to say, with the temp outside hovering around 90 and no A/C running in there, I sweated like a pig!

Are you getting a little tired yet?  Because at this point, I was about ready to throw in the towel......

Keep working on laundry. 

Give Pepper a bath - because she stinks - really bad!!!  Clip her nails.  Go back in the bathroom about 2 minutes later to clean up the nail clippings - only to discover that they are all gone - every single one!!!  Realize Pepper is sitting in the hallway, licking her lips.  Ewwwwww, disgusting...... 

Go ahead and clean the house - because I hate coming home to a dirty one after a trip.  Dust, vacuum, mop, straighten up, scrub the bathroom and kitchen.....

Keep working on laundry.  Seriously?!?!?!? 

Check the weather forecast and decide which clothes to take.  Take them and snacks out to the trailer.....keep loading.

10:00 pm rolls around and I realize I have not eaten, all day.....and I forgot to make the pumpkin muffins I was planning on taking on the trip!  

I am so excited, though, because we are going to Ponca City, Oklahoma to see Jimmy, Anita and the newest grandbaby, Paisley!!!  When I get back I will have tons of new photos to share - because I even remembered to charge the camera battery and pack that!

Hoping each of you has a terrific weekend!








No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU for stopping by for a little visit on the Porch! I absolutely LOVE comments, so please leave a note and let me know what you're thinking.

When Fall Truly Arrives....in the Heart

October 1, 2019.  Time marches steadily on and the year progresses.  Oh, how I've been longing for this page on the calendar when t...