Monday, October 21, 2013

Super Simple & Speedy - Pumpkin Muffins

Oh, the wonderful feeling of Fall in the air!  It's been noticeably cooler here - even dipping down below 40 degrees one night.   B-b-b-rrrrrrrrr.....I'm lovin' it! 

The porch is dressed for Halloween, thanks to some beautiful, and inspiring, weather this past weekend...
 

And I am instinctively "nesting", as I am prone to do this time of year, in preparation for the holidays! 

I have seen - and pinned - this recipe for "2 ingredient" muffins before.  Here is the version I pinned from the Sweet Verbena blog - and she credits Big Red Kitchen for the recipe. 

So, today, I finally got around to making them.  

I couldn't imagine they would be very good, what with only two ingredients......a 15-ounce can of pumpkin and a box of yellow cake mix. The directions said just throw it all in a bowl and mix.

But, what the heck?  They were absolutely awesome!!!  You'd never know how simple and quick they were because THEY TASTE DIVINE!


The batter is pretty stiff, so be warned!  I had to mush the "peaks" down a bit with my fingertips.  Also, I decided to throw in a splash of vanilla extract - maybe about 1/2 teaspoon.  And I sprinkled some cinnamon & sugar over the tops before baking in a 350 degree oven for about 22 minutes.  This made a dozen muffins, filling the muffin cups about 3/4 full.  I checked for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the center and coming out clean.  
(Is doneness a word???)   

Baked up nice and moist - and the sweet topping gives it just a bit of crunch!

I will definitely be making these again - they will be perfect for fast breakfasts and snacks, especially during the holidays.  Oh, Pinterest, you done me good this time!!!

Linking up with Kathy at Life on Lakeshore Drive.

How about you?  Does this time of year have you hankering to do a little "nesting", maybe a little extra cooking in the kitchen? 

Nest away, sweet friends!!!




2 comments:

  1. What a great recipe. I am inspired to try it- two ingredients- perfect!
    I just found your blog this morning while having my coffee. I am a South Texas blogger , so it is especially nice to meet you.

    Enjoyed visiting-
    I am a new follower.

    Laura
    White Spray Paint

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to my porch, Laura! So glad you stopped by and look forward to hopping over to "White Spray Paint" and getting to know you better. You simply have to try these muffins - so simple and yet everyone would think you slaved over them if you didn't tell them there were only two ingredients!!!

      Delete

THANK YOU for stopping by for a little visit on the Porch! I absolutely LOVE comments, so please leave a note and let me know what you're thinking.

When Fall Truly Arrives....in the Heart

October 1, 2019.  Time marches steadily on and the year progresses.  Oh, how I've been longing for this page on the calendar when t...