Thursday, November 24, 2011

Day 1 - A Day of Thanksgiving

Today kicks off my month-long project of daily posts about the many Blessings in my life for which I am thankful.

It is Thanksgiving ~ a day set aside to be with family and give thanks for the abundance of gifts from God.

I won't stretch and call it a day of rest....no, not really a day of rest.  For today, Eddie and I prepared a traditional Thanksgiving meal for our family.  Turkey, cornbread dressing, cranberry sauce, green bean casserole, yummy yams, fruit salad, pumpkin pie.........well, you get the picture!  It's a lot of work in the kitchen (not to mention the craziness of the supermarket just to get everything).  But, this is a chore which gives me great joy to perform.  And the delicious smells that have filled this house for the past couple of days are a blessing on their own! 

On this day, I am thankful for this special time set aside to lift up prayers of Thanksgiving.  A day to reflect and be with family.  I'm thankful that we are able to prepare such a delicious meal and share it with those we love.  My dad and my mother and Bob were able to sit down and enjoy dinner with us.  Even though the kids were at their Dad's for the midday meal, they headed to our place for a fun supper of leftover turkey and dressing and their fill of desserts!  Today, I'm thankful that they can go back and forth from one home to the other without feeling like they have to choose. 

As I reflect on the day, I think how good God is!  And I am reminded that each day should be a day of thanksgiving....each moment to be lived in a state of thankful praise. 

This holiday season, from Thanksgiving to Christmas, seems to me to be the perfect time to focus on that state of thankfulness.  And so I embark on this project of taking the time to post here on The Porch daily, focusing on the many blessings, large and small, in my life.  Journey with me....

Warm hugs....

Jane

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post and a wonderful project. Looking forward to the remainder of the month here.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for stopping by for a little visit on the Porch! I absolutely LOVE comments, so please leave a note and let me know what you're thinking.

When Fall Truly Arrives....in the Heart

October 1, 2019.  Time marches steadily on and the year progresses.  Oh, how I've been longing for this page on the calendar when t...