Saturday, February 11, 2012

Closet Clean-up - Check!!!

Today was the day for the closet project!  Yippee!!!

I emptied my closet this morning and actually remembered to take "BEFORE" photos......

Oh, my, this IS embarrassing.  But, you have to see the BEFORE to appreciate the AFTER, right?

The floor was literally covered with "stuff" other than shoes.....is that really a dirty pillow down in the corner?  Yep, it was!  It found it's way to the dumpster, thank goodness!!!

The hangers were so tight I couldn't get them squeezed in there.....
Eddie got busy installing a new L-shaped shelf in the corner to increase storage space.  It was a pretty tight fit in there....but, he only had one mini melt-down.....


The dogs were petrified at all the noise and activity.  They huddled behind the bed on the other side of the room.

That piece of stained glass came out of the corner of the closet, too!

Meanwhile, I started working on the mountain of clothes that had to go back in the closet.  Sorta looks like a hurricane blew through the room, doesn't it?!?!?


Is that my bra hanging on the door knob?!?!?  Oh, well, all us girls do that.....
By the time I had gone through everything, this is the pile of unused hangers I ended up with....


Now, several hours later, I have everything put away and cleaned up.  Feeling so much better!!!



Plenty of room for hanging necklaces and nighties now
Much better!!!  Now that I can see the weights, let's see if I remember to use them!
The shelf is perfect for odd items that needed to be up off the floor.  A few baskets will help to organize this a bit better, but for now - I'm loving it!

There is definitely some tweaking to be done.  But, for now, I am reveling in the fact that I can actually slide the hangers on the rods....there's extra room to do that now!  By the way, anybody need some plastic hangers????  I've got a few to spare!

Feeling pretty good about checking this project off the "TO DO" list.  Hope you're having a productive weekend, too!

6 comments:

  1. It was a very minor meltdown....
    and I love how it turned out..
    Next stop kitchen.. now that you found the perfect white... Dear Lord, whatever happened to "just" white?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed. I have a few places in my house that I need to do that too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your husband's comment and that extra shelf he put up for you. Don't you just love when you finish a project and get to stand back and admire your work. So satisfying to have finished it and so less stressful as you tackle and win the *clutter* war ;0

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!!! What a difference! I went through all our closets a few months ago and was shocked at the amount of hangers we had! I took them to Goodwill! Look at you with all your sassy nighties! You go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an accomplishment! This is such an important area to keep organized and we need to get this one as well. I've already cleared out older clothing I just need to get my husband to start shopping for shelving. If things aren't organizing you forget what you have!

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    leslie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic!!! I love it when things get organized and sorted out. I did that with my closet recently and I find that I want to leave the closet doors open so that I can see inside when I walk by. Silly me! Next stop kitchen - I'm so excited for you and can't wait for the pictures.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for stopping by for a little visit on the Porch! I absolutely LOVE comments, so please leave a note and let me know what you're thinking.

When Fall Truly Arrives....in the Heart

October 1, 2019.  Time marches steadily on and the year progresses.  Oh, how I've been longing for this page on the calendar when t...