Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Finding Peace at the End of the Day.....

Do you ever have one of those days when it feels like you're hopscotching from one rug to the next, only to feel each one pulled from beneath your feet the moment you land?

It's been one of those days.....one of those days when the climb is feeling rather steep and my legs are feeling pretty tired.

I write this post not to complain and whine about the things that, at the moment, seem insurmountable. 

No, I write this in order to put words to my need to trust....and reinforce my belief in the everlasting promise that "all things are possible with Christ, who strengthens me".

Sometimes, we just get to clicking along on autopilot, feeling like we're accomplishing much - mostly due to our own efforts.  (Well, at least I do that....)  When I embarked on a career in real estate a couple of years ago, I know that there would be many things beyond my control along the way.  The nature of the beast is that not all of the cogs in the machinery always work together and there would be disappointments (not only for me, but also for my clients) along the way. As frustrating as it is, I can't always "fix" everything.

Days like this serve to remind me that any success I have is not necessarily attributable to my efforts.  In fact, it's mostly despite my efforts!  Days like this are a reminder that, in myself, I am weak.....and someone up above thinks I need a "little period of readjustment" to put things back in to perspective.  Tough, tough, tough for me - being the control freak that I am! 

And, so I surrender it up tonight.  With the pups sleeping around my feet (having sat here consuming way too much coffee and fretting for the last couple of hours), I give it up and TRUST GOD to give me the wisdom and patience to deal with situations that seem borderline disastrous in the dark of the night. 

How appropriate that this is the "verse for the day" that came up on my Bible app today......

"Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary 
and carry heavy burdens, 
and I will give you rest." - Matthew 11:28

Don't you just love when God sends a little tangible reminder like that just when you need it most?























No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU for stopping by for a little visit on the Porch! I absolutely LOVE comments, so please leave a note and let me know what you're thinking.

When Fall Truly Arrives....in the Heart

October 1, 2019.  Time marches steadily on and the year progresses.  Oh, how I've been longing for this page on the calendar when t...