Friday, March 26, 2010

I'm Lovin' Sumthin' New on the Porch!!!

I am so lovin' this little rocker I found for our front porch!!! 


Mom and I decided to get out and about the town one day this week....hit a few antique shops and consignment stores.  It was absolutely delightful to spend a day with my mother, doing "our thing"!!!  With all the work Eddie and I have been doing on the house, I just haven't been able to find the time to "junk around" with Mom.  Being close to Family and spending time with them was one of the main reasons we relocated here!  How frustrating not to have MADE the time to do just that....but, Mom and I are back on track with our day out together.

Anyhoo, we found this absolutely charming little rocker in the first shop we hit....perfect for our little front porch in both size and condition.  And a steal at only $30!!!  I was in LOVE at first sight....grabbed it and headed for the checkout!




Trayden and Ansleigh were over for a couple of hours on Tuesday evening while their momma went to get her hair done and they had "helped" me re-pot the asparagus fern we bought last week.  Doesn't it look fabulous cozied up with the rocker....both nestled beneath an old wreath I dug out of a box in the garage.(Makin' do with what I got, Dear Friends!)



When the weather warms a bit more (and gets a little more reliable), I will be able to fill the planter on the side of the porch.  I'm thinking some vibrant red geraniums and perky purple petunias, with a little ivy trailing over the sides....what do you think?


Well, that's what I'm lovin' this Friday!  Linking up with Cheryl over at Tidymom today....pop over and take a look at what some other folks are lovin' today.   You're sure to find some inspiration!



Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

Jane

10 comments:

  1. Jane your rocker is beautiful. I'm praying for some warm weather soon too, so I can get out and about. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betty Jo and Theresa ~

    Thank you so much for stopping by the porch for a quick visit! Just love making new friends here, don't you? Hope you will stop by again...I'm looking forward to it!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jane, you sre so lucky to have a 'verandah' to sit your pretty rocker on, unfortunately my house is not designed that way,I can imagine myself sitting on that rocker with a good book!!How Lovely!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful and the flowers you're envisioning will be as well. I like your site, I found it through my best friend (katie's dailies).

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have a rocker on our porch too and I love it - our porch is tiny - but I HAVE to have my rocker there! LOL

    Thanks for linking up on I'm Lovin' It!! Have a GREAT weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The front porch may be tiny, but it can still say "Welcome" in a BIG way, right?!?!?! Cheryl, Molly and Karen ~ so glad you stopped by and took a peek! You made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah HA! Finally found where to post comments---maybe I should start wearing my glasses more! I just wanted to say that I'd love to cozy up on that rocker with a good book or just sit and visit for a good long time! Seeing your pictures makes so impatient for warm weather to stay here for GOOD! Hope you have a happy Saturday! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice! I love sitting on the front porch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your new chair, wish I had a front porch to enjoy :) Have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for stopping by for a little visit on the Porch! I absolutely LOVE comments, so please leave a note and let me know what you're thinking.

When Fall Truly Arrives....in the Heart

October 1, 2019.  Time marches steadily on and the year progresses.  Oh, how I've been longing for this page on the calendar when t...