Wednesday, March 10, 2010

So NOT Missing the Orange....

Well, we officially said goodbye to the pumpkin orange kitchen today.  Adios.   Sayonara.   Arrivederci, baby!!!


We shifted all the boxes and kitchen paraphernalia one more, hopefully the last, time.  We set up the microwave and mini-kitchen on the dining room table.   This will be it for the next few weeks, I'm afraid.


The Husband disconnected our new stove and slid it into the center of the room.  He disconnected the water supply and drain in the sink and pulled the fridge out beside the stove.  We were ready for the work crew to begin by 9:00 am. 


Phil and his crew (his grown daughter and one other helper) arrived and went to work.  They had the entire place ripped out in two hours!  It was alot less of a wreck than I anticipated. 




As for me, I stayed tucked away in the back bedroom at my desk, with Pepper and Scout laying under the desk at my feet.  I did crawl over the doggy gate and wander down the hall a couple of times to check on the progress while the pups waited patiently, probably wondering what all the commotion was about.


Immediate plans call for us to rip out the existing drywall tomorrow.  On Friday, an electrician will come in and work on some wiring for us.  On Saturday, Jane learns to drywall!  (This should be somewhere on the scale between "interesting" and "hilarious", to say the least.)


New cabinets go in on Tuesday.  It will be at least another month before our quartz countertops are ready, but at least we will have shelves and drawers.  The Husband thinks he might even be able to rig a temporary countertop and put the old sink back in for a few weeks.  Kinda yuck, but probably kinda necessary.  We are already so tired of carryout....

I can hardly wait to see the transformation.  Having never remodeled a kitchen before, it's a little hard for me to picture how everything will come together.  But, we've seen how it will look on the computer, so I'm trusting that everything will work out okay. 

So, off to the kitchen to raid the fridge, wrap a slice of cheese in a tortilla, slap it in the microwave for 20 seconds and call it a quesadilla!

Not missin' the ORANGE....

Jane

1 comment:

THANK YOU for stopping by for a little visit on the Porch! I absolutely LOVE comments, so please leave a note and let me know what you're thinking.

When Fall Truly Arrives....in the Heart

October 1, 2019.  Time marches steadily on and the year progresses.  Oh, how I've been longing for this page on the calendar when t...