Friday, March 19, 2010

Linkin' Up for a Little Love

Can I get a big "WOOHOO" for Friday?!?!?!?

And now for something new here on the porch...."I'm Loving' It Friday".

And this Friday I'm lovin' "JULIE & JULIA", hands down my favorite movie of the last year!!!


Since first seeing this movie when it came out on DVD, I have watched it over and over. I just love it for so many reasons:

Meryl Streep captures the very essence of Julia Child in her performance. Every little nuance, gesture, and inflection just speaks "JULIA". It's as if the ghost of the great chef stepped in to inhabit the actress's body and define the performance. And what's not to love about Julia? She was comfortable with her ownself and loved life.


I love Julie and watching her journey through a year of blogging. The fact that she undertook cooking her way through "The Art of Mastering French Cooking" is daunting enough. That she did this in a miniscule apartment kitchen while she was working full-time is unbelievable to me. Her growth, personally and in the kitchen, throughout that year is inspirational to me and encouraged me to commit to my own blog.


It is a beautifully made movie, each frame visually pleasing. It made me long to see to Paris and taste the most scrumptious looking food ever. This movie just made me FEEL GOOD!!! I know it has been out for several months now, but I'm not tired of it yet! It is very simply a well-made and enjoyable motion picture and, face it, those are getting few and far between anymore.

I'm linking up to Tidymom's "I'm Lovin' It Friday" today, so click on over and see what other Bloggers are lovin' today!!!



Make yours a Fantastic Friday!!!

Jane

4 comments:

  1. Awesome movie!! I saw it in the theater and everyone was "lovin' it"!

    I need to own this one on DVD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it too!......and I remind myself of Julie every time I complain that my kitchen is too small!!

    Thanks for linking up and have a GREAT weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have to watch that movie now! I love the header picture, porch sittin' is the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was such a great movie! My cooking friend and I went to see it together, and it was so much fun! Visiting from SITS, have a great Saturday!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for stopping by for a little visit on the Porch! I absolutely LOVE comments, so please leave a note and let me know what you're thinking.

When Fall Truly Arrives....in the Heart

October 1, 2019.  Time marches steadily on and the year progresses.  Oh, how I've been longing for this page on the calendar when t...