Friday, March 12, 2010

A Little Peek at Home...

Since it's the end of the week, I thought I would share a little peek of the living room as it has come together. 


I just love the light in this room.  A wall of windows faces west and the room is awash with warm afternoon sunlight.  The walls are my favorite neutral shade in the world...Laura Ashley Gold 3. 
Warm, soft, and oh so YUMMY....just like butter.   

Since we have moved into a smaller home, we have had to downsize in some areas.  Thankfully, The Husband gave up his monster-sized television and we moved the smaller flatscreen from our bedroom into the living room.  The scale is much more suited to the size of the living room. 

  The painting on the right was done by a local artist in New Braunfels, Texas.  We call it "Tres Amigos" and Eddie fancies himself as the one on the left.  It used to hang in his office, but my mom and I hijacked it for this spot in the living room.  Isn't it perfect?

Instead of a large coffee table, we used a small antique wood chest, piled with a few picture books.  My favorite touch is the vase of fresh pink tulips, an ode to the appearance of Spring. 

I love the contrast of the masculine and the feminine in this room ~ the rustic star on the wall next to the feathery buffet lamp; the soft pink blooms against the wood and wrought iron furniture.    

I can spend hours and hours in this room.  It feels warm and cozy no matter what time of the day.

This is just a peek, but I'm linking up to "Glimpses of Home" over at Chatting at the Sky, a charming blog.  Check it out!

Sending out wishes for a wonderful weekend!

Jane

4 comments:

  1. I love the fact that you have a Red Raider son! I have two grandsons who are Raiders...one a senior and the other a junior. Best wishes for your entire family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a comfy, cozy room. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we have an antique chest for our coffee table, too. i've tried to move it, but it always comes back...it's just it's place. perfect in every way. your tulips are also perfect, btw.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for stopping by for a little visit on the Porch! I absolutely LOVE comments, so please leave a note and let me know what you're thinking.

When Fall Truly Arrives....in the Heart

October 1, 2019.  Time marches steadily on and the year progresses.  Oh, how I've been longing for this page on the calendar when t...