Thursday, October 7, 2010

FALL PORCH PARTY (Make Mine Spooky, Please!)

It's Party Time!!! 

Debra, over at "COMMON GROUND", is hosting a Fall Porch Party....

And since we are well into October now, I decided to go all out with the Halloween decorating before joining the party.

I started with a simple concept....six metal hooks, six plastic pumpkins, one string of orange lights, one string of purple lights, and seven yards of black netting.  And this is what I came up with around the header of the porch....


A good start.....but somehow just not quite "enough".   

So, I crafted a "SPOOKY" garland to add another layer....


Okay.....now we were getting somewhere.  

I dug around in my bins and crates of Halloween decorations and culled out my favorites.....like this Ghostly Greeter to welcome visitors onto the porch....


And this "Which Way Witch" and vintage-style garden flag to carry a bit of fun over to the side stoop....


Might as well throw in another witch for good measure, right???


A quick re-arrangement of potted mums and pumpkins 
(which were already part of the Porch Decor)....


And so far, so good!  


But, the real test was to wait until the sun sank lower and lower......



Almost dark.....




Finally......there is the look I was going for!!!


Not too creepy....not too spooky....just a whole lot of FUN!!!






And one final look.....BOO!!!


 Now, me and my porch are headed over to "Common Ground" to hang out.  C'mon and join us....there will be lots of Fall porches to explore and Inspiration galore!!!  It's simple to follow, just click on this link....


See y 'all later!!!

~Jane~

13 comments:

  1. Oooohhhh!! I love it! Especially with all the lights on!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your spooky fun decorations, Jane! They look great in the dark! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for your nice comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Porch looks awesome..those little trick-er-treaters will love coming up to that door!
    Tammy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a Cute Fall porch ~ bet you have fun on Halloween.... Thanks for Sharing
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jane, you're right on! Just the right mix of spooky and fun! I'd trick or treat at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jane, your porch is definitely going to be a favorite with all the kiddos this Halloween! What a super job you've done. I really love the black tulle and how you did the banner! Thanks so much for linking up with VIF. Your post is just wonderful!
    xo,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one festive porch. Nice job. My favorite is your ghost. He's spooky, yet cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. EEEK! What fun decorations! What a great idea to use black tulle! I bet every kid around wants to come to your porch for trick or treat:0)
    Karla & Karrie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute as it can be! I bet the kiddos will love it if you have trick-or-treat in your neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jane - Your porch is absolutely charming and whimsical for Halloween! Love it. Thanks for stopping by, and hope you can join my gift raffle.
    -marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh Jane!!! I'm in love!!!! Your are the bomb dot com!!!! Your idea to hang those pumpkins is brilliant!!! I love your style girlfriend!

    Sorry your beans didn't turn out right. Girl, I can't boil water! lol!

    Take care!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your porch is so darn cute and inviting I would tend to think that the trick-or-treaters may come in droves and never leave.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for stopping by for a little visit on the Porch! I absolutely LOVE comments, so please leave a note and let me know what you're thinking.

When Fall Truly Arrives....in the Heart

October 1, 2019.  Time marches steadily on and the year progresses.  Oh, how I've been longing for this page on the calendar when t...