Friday, October 29, 2010

Scenes from a Stroll

If you've been reading my blog for any length of time, you know how much I LOVE my daily walks!!!

Yesterday was one of those absolutely fantastic Autumn days here in Texas!  It was a little cool, but clear and sunny....the sky a stunning shade of blue. 

 
I waited until mid-afternoon to go on my walk through the neighborhood.  Long sleeves felt good, even that late in the day.  The exercise was invigorating and the views were awesome!  Quite a few of the houses around us are all decked out for the Fall season.

Thank goodness I finally remembered to grab my camera on the way out the door, so I could snap a few pictures and share some of my favorites with you!







 


It's hard to believe that we have almost reached the end of October and Halloween!  I've really enjoyed the decorations and displays I see on my walks, but find myself looking forward to seeing what goes up for (dare I say it already?!?!) -  Christmas. 

There.....it's out.  Just think, this time next month we'll be right there in the swing of decorating for Christmas!!!  I'm breaking into a sweat just thinking about it.  I know it helps to plan ahead and get organized, but I think I will just focus on getting through Halloween and Thanksgiving right now.  How about you?  Maybe we can think on this a bit more later....LOL. 

Hoping your weekend is off to a great start!

~Jane~

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful walk you must have ... these are great!!! Here in Canada we already celebrated Thanksgiving , Halloween will be finished in the next few days ... so Christmas is the next decorating and I'm very excited. Christmas was always my fav season, people just seem so happy and friendly, and children for some reason behave extra good :) ... I have not really celebrated Christmas for the past 4 years - but this year I'm ready to decorate!!!! Hope your son is feeling better... xo HHL

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty!! I am already getting excited about Christmas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful stroll!
    I'm thinking about Christmas already. Didn't really get to decorate much for fall, with the kitchen project keeping everything else kind of disheveled...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the boo-tiful tour of your neighbourhood. I can't believe that October and September are over already. I think the time passes quicker the older we get ;)

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for stopping by for a little visit on the Porch! I absolutely LOVE comments, so please leave a note and let me know what you're thinking.

When Fall Truly Arrives....in the Heart

October 1, 2019.  Time marches steadily on and the year progresses.  Oh, how I've been longing for this page on the calendar when t...