Wow! It's hard to believe that I published my first post as a blogger here at Janie's Porch on October 23, 2009!!! Here's a flashback to my first attempt at blogging....please don't laugh.
This was my first header photo....
|Our porch in Pampa, all decked out for Fall|
|Autumn arrangement on our dining room table|
So much has changed!
- Our lives were thrown into a state of turmoil when Ed's job came to an abrupt end just nine days before Christmas last year....to say we spent the Christmas holidays in a state of shock is an understatement.
- My daughter's marriage disintegrated and an ugly divorce ensued as the new year unfolded.
- We made the decision to relocate from Pampa to Abilene, putting our house there on the market the first week of the year, traditionally one of the slowest periods in the real estate market.
- We found the perfect little fixer-upper in our first choice of neighborhoods in Abilene.
- We had a contract on our house in Pampa in three days....and on the same day we put in an offer on our new place!
- We went through some extensive remodeling on our new home....remember when we had no kitchen for about six weeks?!?!?!
- Ed got his "dream job" working in the hunting and fishing department at a major sporting goods store and, in just a few short months, that part-time job has grown into a full-time job as the department team lead.
- I realized my future did not lie in the legal business and I decided to follow my dream of becoming a licensed real estate salesperson.
- My son, Ben, decided to leave his studies at Texas Tech and returned home to Abilene to start a new job.
- My other son, Sam, graduated from high school.....all three kids are officially "grown up" now!
- I joined a health club and started changing my life and my body....all for the better!
- We got Bonnie all moved and set up in a new home with the grandbabies.
- The boys got into their first "real" jobs and an apartment together....a major milestone.
As I reflect on all the changes, I am in awe at how everything has worked out. Even those circumstances that seemed overwhelming and filled with despair at the time have turned out alright. Through it all, God has cleared the way and lit the path for us to follow. What blessings have come out of all the trials!!! We get to spend more time with Family. We have learned to live a "leaner" lifestyle. We have learned to trust more.
My heart is filled with Gratitude....to the brim! I don't say it enough....I sometimes get lax in giving thanks. Shame on me! I let the little things bother me, get me down, make me doubt. Double shame!!
Sometimes it is good just to stop and count our blessings, even write them down. Expressing Gratitude for those blessings is a worthy exercise for our spirit and mind, something we should always make the time to do.
I am linking up with Heidi at "Heart and Home" for Wednesday Gratitude. I hope you will pop over and check out not only Heidi's beautiful blog but some of the other posts as well. I guarantee you will be inspired and encouraged to practice Gratitude in your own life!
Now, I am going to get out and enjoy this beautiful Autumn day....yet another blessing! The sun has started its ascent into the cloudless blue sky over our cozy little house......
and the fallen leaves on the lawn and porch tell the story of the changing season.....
I challenge you to practice Gratitude today. Look around and be very aware of the many blessings, large and small, in your life!
Until next time,