Monday, October 4, 2010

WARNING - Delay Ahead!!!

My journey to becoming a licensed real estate salesperson has hit a delay....
Upon completion of my educational requirements last week, I started putting together my application to the Texas Real Estate Commission (TREC) in order to get approval for taking the state licensing exam.  Upon checking their website, I learned that they prefer all applications, both for initial licenses and renewals, to be made via their online system.   Okay....I can handle that.  But, the link to complete the application didn't work....and didn't work. I started to get pretty frustrated....

Finally, I got out of the licensing portion of the website and checked their homepage.  (Maybe I should have done that first???)  Big News!  Their online system had failed....crashed....had MAJOR issues!  Until further notice, all applications must be submitted on paper.

Aha!  This would be why that link wouldn't work!

Apparently this has created total chaos and TREC is running about 4-6 weeks behind on processing paperwork.  What this means for me ~ it will take that long for my application and education credits to be approved.  I cannot sit for the test until this process is completed!  I have been effectively put "on hold". 

Oh, the frustration....with a little disappointment thrown in for good measure.  I'm anxious to take that test and keep the ball rolling! 

Oh, well....this just means that much more time for me to study and review for the Big Exam.  I plan to use the time wisely.  There is so much to remember, so I have a stack of 3x5 index cards and I'm going to make "flash cards"; and I'm going to review the math portion of the studies like my life depends on it; and I'm going to be able to spew out info (i.e., there are 43,560 sq ft in an acre) like crazy!!!

And, since I have at least another month to "cool my jets", I am going to enjoy the fantastic Fall weather!  I am going to continue to going to my group exercise classes at the gym, trying classes at different times of the day in order to develop flexibility for when I am working.  I am going to take time to finish up lots of little projects around the house and prepare for all the holidays that rushing towards us at warp speed. 

And I will make time to slow down and enjoy this "respite"....curl up with a good book, breathe the crisp evening air, watch the leaves change colors and fall. 

So, even the best laid plans hit a glitch now and then.  This is just a part of the journey towards my new career.  And it's going to be worth the wait when all is said and done!

Have you been stuck in a situation like this?  Do you think perhaps this is all part of a Divine Plan to teach me a bit of Patience?   I would love to hear your thoughts.

Jane

8 comments:

  1. Definitely part of a Divine Plan!!! I'm a firm beleiver HE does not give us more than we can handle and everything happens for a reason.

    I love that you have continued to take the glass is half full approach to the situation and are moving forward!!! Stay positive my friend great things are just around the the corner for you!! HHL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww. That's frustrating, but you do have a good attitude about it. Will you go to work selling real estate as soon as you pass the test? I have thought about taking online real estate classes myself. Were they very hard? How long did it take you to complete?

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. @HHL ~ Thanks so much for the encouragement! Coming from someone who has overcome so much and maintained a positive outlook, that means the world to me!

    @Carol ~ I'm hoping to go ahead and get on with a broker as an apprentice even before I take the test. You can learn so much just by shadowing someone with experience. As for the educational requirement, Texas has one of the highest requirements - 210 hours classroom instruction at the college level. There are 5 required 30-hour classes and 2 30-hour elective classes to be completed before testing. Then, within the first year, I will have to complete an additional 60 hours of education. It took me about 2 weeks per class to complete, but I probably could have done it quicker if it hadn't been for all the activities this summer. Check with the Real Estate Commission in your state to see what they require and let me know if you decide to go for it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the info. I do live in Texas. Not too far from you..... Amarillo.

    Enjoy your blog!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't realize that, Carol! We moved here from Pampa back in January....lived up there for 6 years. It's a small world, isn't it?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jane,
    I lived in Amarillo 10 years myself ~ from '63-'73. I'm very familiar with Pampa and the surrounding area. Small world, indeed! :-)

    I do agree that this is part of a Divine Plan! "God works in mysterious ways, His wonders to perform." You may learn the reason for the delay later but then again, you may not. He just needs you in another way right now so it's best to just surrender. :-) Believe me, I've learned that lesson the hard way!

    Hope you have a great week! This weather is so delightful and I am so grateful to feel good.

    xoxo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is so much work but will be worth it in the end! I hope real estate sales are better in Texas than they are in Oregon, we have a very depressed economy right now and nothing is selling.
    Thank you for the nice compliment about the house, its is our retreat:)
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  8. All things happen for a reason, even if we don't know what it is yet. Your test time will come and you will be even more prepared for it. Even better, Fall waits for no-one so now, as you said, you can get out and enjoy the splendor!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for stopping by for a little visit on the Porch! I absolutely LOVE comments, so please leave a note and let me know what you're thinking.

When Fall Truly Arrives....in the Heart

October 1, 2019.  Time marches steadily on and the year progresses.  Oh, how I've been longing for this page on the calendar when t...